Inside a huge park and hidden by an avenue of cedars, we find the Hunting Lodge.
The park that guards it is immense!
There is talk of 900 hectares with a historic forest that was part of the hunting territory of the Duchy of the area.
But let’s talk about the history of the Hunting Lodge.
The Hunting Lodge has ancient origins and dates back to 1775, when it was built by the Duchess M. A. B. as a hunting lodge.
The construction was finished in 1789, but it was not yet as majestic as it is today.
The Duchess spent long periods of time in this opulent estate, and her two children obviously moved with her, but also her entire court.
In 1819 it was bought by another Duchess of the area to make it her summer residence, and the Hunting Lodge was renovated in a neoclassical style.
A long colonnade was also added with a building with a clock and a tower in the center, where the court theater was located (just so as not to miss anything).