We are in 1400, when a young shepherdess while she was looking after her sheep all happy in the hills had a vision.
The Madonna della Quercia appeared to her.
And Our Lady asked the young woman to have a church built in her name to pray to her son.
In the village they built a small church with its convent, but after a few years the priests abandoned it.
They have kept the oak and the statue of the Madonna from memory, which are now guarded in the village church.